DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> My Bully Pulpit: F The Vote

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

F The Vote

http://www.fthevote.com/

This is definitely kind of fun, and I certainly endorse all (legal) efforts to remove the GWB adminstration from office, but it goes against my long standing "No Sex with Republicans" rule. It's inspired by a female friend of mine from high school, who wouldn't have sex with Republicans because she couldn't be sure that they'd be OK with her terminating a pregnancy should she accidentally conceive. There's a clear elegance to that point that I like, and I've taken it to heart.

That all said, should I rethink my position? Should we doink Republicans to get their votes? Should we not even consider having sex with someone who isn't already appalled by what this administration is doing?

What do you all think? Feedback please.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Bogart said...

Right, but I'm not so sure I *could* have good sex with a Republican.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Kevin Bogart said...

Well, at the moment it's an intellectual exercise -- I barely know any republicans and live in a happy blue state. But I'm wondering if it would be, say, worth my while to drive up to WI to get another Kerry vote in exchange for putting some booty out there. So it's a quasi-serious discussion.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Culture of Outrage said...

Hm. If the sex is bad AND it was with a Republican, that would leave me feeling the kinda dirty that just don't ever wash off.

It's also worth pointing out that for K, Jeff, and me, having sex with Republicans necessarily means having sex with *gay* Republicans. I can handle a little ideological broad-mindedness, but self-hatred rarely makes for a good O. Unless you're into that sort of thing.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home