DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> My Bully Pulpit: Overdue, I know...

Monday, September 27, 2004

Overdue, I know...

So, I've been delinquent -- I get it, I get it. Things have been a little bit busier than they have been in a while.

Maria was here in Chicago for the weekend, which was just spectacular. Not only was it great to see her, she officially invited me to move in here properly. Yay! So we'll be working out a more equitable financial arrangement, and moving around some furniture, and bringing my stuff out of storage. So I'll get to be an actual resident, which is really exciting. I've been missing my belongings anyway!

Furthermore, I've got Spencer the Sissy Dog for the week, which is making me really happy. More trips to the dog beach!

Tracking election polling continues to be a daily activity for me, over my morning coffee. Biggest sign of optimism is how the Dems are registering voters much more aggressively than the Republicans are, which is good. But without a candidate articulating anything, will those folks vote? I'm excited for the debate this thursday, but definitely worried -- all GWB has to do is not drool all over himself, and with the low expectations we all have for our current President, he'll win. Kerry will be articulate and come off as eggheaded.

GWB gets better and better in front of a microphone -- he was clearly starting from a low point, but he's tons better than four years ago. Of course, the Republicans stay on message all the damn time...

*sigh*. Still not optimistic.

More later. I've got a post on Pat Buchanan that is percolating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home