DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> My Bully Pulpit: AWESOME!

Sunday, January 30, 2005

AWESOME!

I'm completely addicted to Iron Chef America -- stripping out the goofy interculturality of the original totally works for me. (Laughing at how strange the Japanese are is, well, a different sort of pastime for me).

So the new show rocks, and tonight's episode rocked even harder. The brilliant and gorgeous Ming Tsai took on cocky asshole Bobby Flay, and the ingredient was duck. Tsai stuck his hand down Flay's gullet and pulled out some Foie Gras d'Cocky Asshole Chef of his own, and then made dessert with it.

Yes, he made a Foie Gras Creme Brulee. This may well rival the Foie Gras Granache that I had with Jeff and Mirvy at Aquavit in May 2003!

The whole show rocked. Every dish that Tsai did looked masterful, as did a few of Flay's, it must be said.

I am pleased -- Flay got his arse handed to him. This is a great great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home